ネスレ社によると、ヨーロッパで発生したチョコレート強盗事件でキットカット12トンが盗まれた。CBS 2026/3/29
12 tons of KitKat bars stolen in chocolaty heist in Europe, Nestle says - CBS News
ネスレのクランチチョコレート「キットカット」12トンもの大量輸送トラックが盗難に遭い、イースター直前に店頭での品薄状態を引き起こす恐れがある。
A massive 12-ton shipment of Nestle's crunch KitKat bars was stolen in a chocolaty heist that risks causing a shortage in stores right before Easter.
スイスの食品大手ネスレ傘下のキットカットは、土曜日にAFP通信に対し、「新製品41万3793個を積んだトラックがヨーロッパでの輸送中に盗難された」と発表した。同社によると、この輸送トラックは先週、生産拠点と流通拠点の間を移動中に姿を消したという。
KitKat, owned by Swiss food giant Nestle, told AFP on Saturday that "a truck transporting 413,793 units of its new chocolate range has been stolen during transit in Europe." The shipment disappeared last week while heading between production and distribution locations, the company said.
「私たちはこれまでずっと、キットカットで一息ついて楽しんでほしいと呼びかけてきました」と、同社の広報担当者はAFP通信に語った。これは、キットカットの有名なキャッチフレーズを引用したものだ。「しかし、泥棒たちはこのメッセージを文字通りに受け取り、12トン以上ものチョコレートを盗み出してしまったようです」。
"We've always encouraged people to have a break with KitKat," a spokesperson told AFP, referring to its famous catchphrase. "But it seems thieves have taken the message too literally and made a break with more than 12 tons of our chocolate."
同社によると、盗まれたトラックはイタリア中部の工場を出発し、ポーランドに向かう途中で盗まれたという。「車両とその積荷は依然として行方不明です」と付け加えた。
The company said the stolen truck had left a factory in central Italy and was making its way to Poland when it was stolen, adding that "the vehicle and its contents remain unaccounted for."
ネスレは「地元当局およびサプライチェーンパートナーと緊密に連携し、調査を継続している」と述べた。
"Investigations are ongoing in close collaboration with local authorities and supply chain partners," Nestle said.
同社は、紛失したチョコレートバーによって店頭に並ぶキットカットが不足し、イースターを前に消費者がお気に入りのチョコレートを見つけるのに苦労する可能性があると警告した。
The chocolatier warned that the missing chocolate bars may lead to a shortage of KitKats appearing on shelves and buyers may struggle to find their favorite chocolates ahead of Easter.
また、紛失したチョコレートバーは「ヨーロッパ市場全体で非公式な販売ルートに流通する可能性がある」とも述べた。
It also said the missing chocolate bars "could enter unofficial sales channels across European markets."
ネスレはまた、各チョコレートバーに記載されている固有のバッチコードをスキャンすることで、盗まれた商品を追跡できると述べた。
Nestle also said it was possible to trace the stolen goods by scanning the unique batch codes found on each bar.
「一致するコードが見つかった場合、スキャナーにはキットカット社に通知する明確な指示が表示され、キットカット社は適切な証拠を共有する」とネスレは説明した。
"If a match is found, the scanner will be given clear instructions on how to alert KitKat who will then share the evidence appropriately," it said.
キットカット社は日曜日、12トンのチョコレートバーが盗まれたことを認め、地元警察と協力して捜査を進めていると発表した。
KitKat acknowledged on Sunday that the 12 tons of its bars were stolen and is working with local law enforcement on the investigation.
「朗報です。消費者の安全上の懸念はなく、供給にも影響はありません」と、キットカットの公式アカウントは声明で述べた。
"Good news: there are no concerns for consumer safety, and supply is not affected," KitKat's official account on X said in a statement.
いいなと思ったら応援しよう!
よろしければ応援お願いします! いただいたチップはクリエイターとしての活動費に使わせていただきます!m(__)m